UCLA Ranking (University of California Los Angeles)June 23, 2016
LSE Ranking (London School of Economics)June 23, 2016
The Duke University ranking in the GPA system is Top 50 / Tier 2.
Duke University is well-known in the United States but not so much internationally. Its medical school is especially outstanding. Even though it is highly ranked in the USA and by other international rankings, its perception index is weak and at times even negative, owing in part to its “blue devils” mascot and perception that sports are given too much importance. For this and various reasons, Duke still belongs to the World’s Top 50 but is assigned Tier 2 label.
Other Agencies providing Duke University Ranking information:
- QS World University Ranking (2015–16) 29
- THE World University Ranking (2015–16) 20
- GPA World’s Top 50 Ranking (2016) Included in Top 50 as Tier 2
Additional information: Institutional History
- For a detailled history, see http://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/uarchives/history/articles/narrative-history
- The History of Duke University began when Brown’s Schoolhouse, a private subscription school in Randolph County, North Carolina (in the present-day town of Trinity), was founded in 1838. The school was renamed to Union Institute Academy in 1841, Normal College in 1851, and to Trinity College in 1859.
Additional information: Tuition Fees
The tuition fee is estimated at USD 50,000 per year (a standard tuition fee for such institutions in the USA).
Duke University web site: http://www.duke.edu
THE (Times of Higher Education) ranking: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings