University of Chicago RankingJune 23, 2016
HEC Ranking (HEC Paris, France)June 23, 2016
The Polytechnique ranking in the GPA system is Top 50 / Tier 1.
Polytechnique (also called X) is formally “École Polytechnique” and part of the University of Paris-Saclay. It is France’s most respected Grande Ecole with a very competitive admission contest reserved to students that have received very high specialized preparation in mathematics and physics. It also a military school with a powerful alumni network in France and to an extend internationally. Its name recognition is limited outside France and its career impact, although tremendous, tends to be limited to French circles of influence. It has an excellent web presence and uses, unexpectedly, the domain name polytechnique.edu (rather than a .fr domain).
Other Agencies providing Polytechnique Ranking information:
- QS World University Ranking (2015–16) 40 (18 for Mathematics)
- THE World University Ranking (2015–16) 101
- GPA World’s Top 50 Ranking (2016) Included in Top 50 as Tier 1
Additional information: Institutional History
- Polytechnique was established in 1794 by the mathematician Gaspard Monge during the French Revolution, and became a military academy under Napoleon I in 1804. Today, the institution still runs under the supervision of the French ministry of Defence. Initially located in the Latin Quarter of central Paris, the establishment was moved in 1976 to Palaiseau, south-west of Paris. Polytechnique is a founding member of ParisTech, a grouping of leading Paris-area engineering colleges established in 2007. In 2014 it became a founding member of the confederal “University of Paris-Saclay”. Among its alumni are three Nobel prize winners, one Fields Medalist, three Presidents of France and many CEOs of French and international companies.
- In 2017, École Polytechnique launches its new Bachelor program, designed for high potential students from all over the world. Fully taught in English, this 3-year program is based on a scientific multidisciplinary core with an emphasis on mathematics. Students have the choice between three double majors: mathematics and computer science, mathematics and physics, mathematics and economics.
Additional information: Tuition Fees
The tuition fee for the Aalto Executive MBA Program 2017-2018 is € 43,800 (+ VAT).
The fee is payable in three installments: in February 2017, in August 2017 and in February 2018.
Aalto University web site: http://www.aalto.fi/en/
THE (Times of Higher Education) ranking: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings