HEC Ranking (HEC Paris, France)June 23, 2016
Oxford University RankingJune 23, 2016
The Sorbonne ranking in the GPA system is Top 50 / Tier 3.
Even though the name “Sorbonne” has great international name recognition, and it may be argued that “Sorbonne” is the only French university with truly global name prestige, the problem is that there is actually no “Sorbonne University” but rather a group of Paris-based public universities using Sorbonne in their name to indicate the important legacy of what use to be “La Sorbonne.” For instance, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne is #240 in the QS ranking and 350-400 in the THE ranking. There is even a “Paris-Sorbonne University in Abu Dhabi” which indicates the international prestige of the name.
In spite of his excellent factor on the P scale, together with a remarkable globalization of the “Sorbonne” universities, the alumni career impact remain uncertain, owing in part to the non-competitive method of admission in French public universities.
Other Agencies providing Sorbonne Ranking information:
- QS World University Ranking (2015–16) 139
- THE World University Ranking (2015–16) 251-300
- GPA World’s Top 50 Ranking (2016) Included in Top 50 as Tier 3
Additional information: Institutional History
- The University of Paris (Sorbonne) has claim to be the oldest university in the world, since Oxford was established after it and to offer an alternative to the French institution.
- Sorbonne University (French: Sorbonne Universités) is an alliance of 11 university institutions founded by Panthéon-Assas University (now an associate member), Paris-Sorbonne University and Pierre-and-Marie-Curie University in June 2010. Other members include the INSEAD, the University of Technology of Compiègne, the National Museum of Natural History, and research centers such as the French National Centre for Scientific Research, the French Institute of Health and Medical Research, the French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation, and the French Institute of Research for the Development. The alliance comprises nearly 60 000 students annually, of which 5 000 are Ph.D. students. The logo is:
Additional information: Tuition Fees
Contact in the institutions for more information on tuition for international (non French) students.
Sorbonne University web site: http://www.sorbonne-university.com/
THE (Times of Higher Education) ranking: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings